Monday, September 13, 2010

The Big 3-0!

On September 9th, I turned 30! Much to Chris's delight, I handled it much better than I handled turning 20. :-) I did keep the number quiet, though, because I didn't want anyone to get any ideas for a party. I got my wish and had a wonderful, family-centered 3-day celebration!

On Tuesday, I was scrubby and just getting ready to start cleaning the house. Imagine my surprise when the doorbell rang and it was my mom! I was 100% SHOCKED beyond imagination. She had come to watch the kids so that Chris and I could go to a Cubs game that night. We had tickets, but had decided that we didn't want to drag the kids to a night game. I was so excited by the surprise trip to Chicago, decided the house cleaning would have to wait, and got ready to go! Chris and I had a great time without the kiddos and it was a great start to my birthday celebration.

On Wednesday, my mom had gotten appointments for us at Zenders salon in Iowa City for massages and pedicures. It was a wonderful massage and the BEST pedicure I'd ever gotten. No rough spots on these feet anymore. :-) After the spa treatments, mom and I went out a wonderful lunch and then she took me on a shopping spree at the mall. It was a great time!

On Wednesday night/Thursday morning, Chris got up with Addy every time she woke up (every 2-3 hours...) He changed her diaper and brought her to me to nurse and then put her back in bed. I didn't have to get out of bed one time!

Thursday morning I got to sleep in until 9, which would have been gift enough for a whole year. As it turned out, it was just the beginning. The boys had made me a wonderful breakfast including sausage, bacon, pancakes, eggs, and orange juice. After breakfast we had some relaxing family play time and went for a long walk. For lunch, we went to Red Lobster. We all took a nap in the afternoon, played out on Carter's swingset, and then Chris grilled the most wonderful steak for supper. After the kiddos were in bed Chris and I watched the Hangover again (love it!) and went to sleep relatively early. I also got a bunch of great gifts including clothes, kitchen utensils, an awesome Bears glass, and Cubs slippers.

It was a wonderful 3-day birthday and I thank everyone who thought of me on my special day!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, that sounds like the best birthay ever! And you deserve it :) So gald you got to ring in 30 the right way!