Thursday, January 07, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, and blow!



Good evening, all!

Greetings again to my beloved followers from southeat Iowa! Let me tell you, it has been a snow filled past couple of months. I just wanted to give you a little update of the current storm that we have going on.

We've gotten 6+ inches of snow over the past 24 hours. This afternoon, the wind really started to howl, especially out in the country, causing blowing and drifting snow. (Did I mention that Mama, the meteorologist wannabe is helping me with this blog?) Anyway, Mama and I decided to go outside and play for a short period of time this afternoon. And, I feel as though I should mention that when I say short, I truly mean it. It literally took us more minutes to get dressed than we spent outside!

The snow is halfway up my thighs!









It's hard to walk when the snow is this deep!








This shot shows how deep the snow is and if you look closely, you can see the blowing snow showing up with my snowpants as the background.








These are the drifts in front of our house.





Mama and I pray for Papa's safe journey to Cedar Rapids for an overnight shift in the Emergency Department at St. Luke's hospital. Good luck, Papa!

Hugs and loves...

Carter

No comments: