Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm almost a big brother!




Our last Cubs game as a family of 3! The Cubbies won--and it was GREAT!



Good evening to all my beloved followers. Things are going swimmingly here in southeast Iowa. I hope all of you are well.

Things are really starting to get exciting here. I've been hearing about a lot of "lasts" lately.

Today Mama had her last day of work before Baby H 2010 arrives. She said that she was really glad because even though she's been working 6-hour shifts instead of 12-hour shifts, it's been pretty hard on her. She says it's because she's been having contractions for 15 days straight. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I know that it caused a bit of a mental meltdown on her part to her doctor last week and a prescription for prenatal massages. Papa says we must "step lightly" around her for a while. I'm sure that I'm constantly so lovable that no changes are required on my part. :-) Papa on the other hand...be careful! Ha ha ha.

Thursday will be my last day at daycare. I can hardly believe it. Mama and Papa are very, very excited that I will not have to go to Frog Hollow anymore. Although it was been a good daycare, they would much prefer not to have to drop me off there. I tend to throw a fit when I get dropped off, and it really makes them sad. I tried to tell them that it is just a developmental milestone, but they don't really tend to buy that. I just do it to make sure that they know that I really, really love them. Maybe I'll bring treats to my friends on my last day. I'm actually quite lucky because I will still get to see a few of my daycare friends on play dates.

A final last that is coming up soon is a family day on Saturday. I'm not exactly sure what we will do as a family of 3 before Baby H 2010 comes, but I'm sure that it will be fun filled.

Bottom line, things are shaping up around here in anticipation of my new brother or sister. I really can't wait. I keep hugging and kissing the baby in Mama's belly and after meeting my friend Adam's baby brother Aaron at a play date the other day, I really can't wait for the "baaaabbbbyyyy" to come join us to play with me. I kept hugging baby Aaron and hope to be able to do the same to my new brother or sister soon.






Our last Cubs game as a family of 3! Colin and Mish came too. It was BIG fun!


I'll keep you posted on if I have a new brother or sister. Mama predicts girl. Papa predicts boy. I haven't given my prediction yet...I'm waiting for the last minute.

Hugs and loves.

Carter







Me in one of my cutest outfits.

1 comment:

Katie Van Heukelom said...

Carter, the picture with you in your vest is very handsome! I love it!
Tell your momma we are thinking of her and hope all goes well!
Also... I predict girl! :)