Tuesday, May 04, 2010

I'm a big brother!





And boy is she cute!

Let me introduce my sister to my faithful blog followers:

Addyson Renae Hogrefe was born at 1:28 p.m. on April 26th at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. She weighed a whopping 8 pounds 10.8 ounces and was 19 3/4 inches long. She was pretty quiet for the first couple of minutes of life, but then someone really ticked her off, by golly. She screamed and screamed and screamed until she got wrapped up nice and warm and Papa got to hold her.

I wanted to go visit her right away, but had to wait 'cause Mama kept getting sick to her stomach. I finally got to go visit around 7 pm. My first reaction was apparently funny. Everyone was laughing. I absolutely couldn't contain my excitement! I saw her and started giggling and then ran away. Soon after my arrival, I was ready to hold her. I held for a few minutes a couple of times, smothered her with lots of smooches and gave her a squeeze several times. I love this girl already!

Since her arrival home, things have gone well. I am always very concerned that Addy's needs get taken care of. I make sure that she has her warm pink blanket and her pink Minnie Mouse at all times. Whenever she cries, I suggest "ni-night". :-) Mama and Papa say I'm a great big brother already. I gotta say, I love it.

Miss Addy, I love you very much. Thank you for being a great little sister.

Hugs and loves.

Carter

No comments: