Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's All Good!





So I've hijacked Carter's blog again. I know, I know. You would to prefer to hear from the kid, but let's be real. His activity level is a little much for blogging. "Mama do it" as Carter says.



We've had a pretty great week so far. On Saturday the whole family made the trek to Northwest Iowa to Albert City for Jess's high school graduation. As I reflect back, I can't believe that he is old enough to graduate and go to college! He plans on attending Morningside College next year and major in Graphic Design. We all know that he will be a great graphic designer. He's always been an artist and a bit of a computer "nerd". :-) Don't worry. I'm not poking fun--I took that term straight from his Facebook page. The graduation went great and the party afterward was filled with friends, family, and wonderful food! I only wish that I would have been a little more helpful with the graduation preparation. I really did little more than kid duty. Carter was a big hit during the party. He was constantly saying "Shoot hoop!" and playing basketball for the masses. He is becoming such a little ham. Addy was a hit as well, but clearly much less interactive. She did a lot of eating and sleeing and looking cute.




Yesterday was another first for Carter. He had a conversation with his dad on the phone! His vocabulary and understanding of language has really been blossoming recently. Chris had a call shift yesterday and called to check on us during lunch. Carter was able to tell Chris that he was eating and even what he was eating. It is so amazing to watch him to grow and develop.

Finally, this morning we found out that Chris passed Step 3! Not that we had any doubt, but he did take it when Addy was only 1 week old and he didn't really get to study much. We would both like to thank Colin for his extraordinary help to Chris with study questions to and from Chicago. (Yes, even though we've been making fun of his pronunciation of the medical--and some non-medical terms.)

Well, I'd better keep this kind of short. As you can see, it is all good here in southeast Iowa. Here are a few recent photos mostly of the kids in their "I'm the Big Brother" and "Little Sister" shirts. Of course, there are none of the graduation because I left the data card in my netbook at home. Oooooops. :-( I also apologize for the sideways picture. I couldn't get it to flip and I ran out of time. Sorry.




Love to all...

Amy

No comments: