Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Memorial Weekend Fun!

Hewwww-ohhhhh. It's Carter! I am finally taking my blog back. I am pretty busy, but not too busy for my faithful followers.

This past weekend was full of fun! On Friday afternoon, Graham and I played in his new pool. It's really big and although we have a little trouble getting in and out of it, we have a blast in it! I am really good at putting my face in the water and splashing. The bottom of the pool is really slippery and sometimes I fall down and have to swim around to get my footing. I am not at all bothered by water in my face or over my head! I can't wait to get to the pool for the summer. I'm not sure how often Mama, Addy, and I will go to swim in the afternoons, but hopefully a lot. I did get signed up for swimming lessons for July so at least I'm guaranteed a solid two weeks!

Here's a picture of Addy in one of her swimsuits. She's too little to actually swim, but Mama says her swimsuits keep her cool (and are cute!).

Back to the weekend...:-)

Friday afternoon, Papa's friend and college philosophy advisor Dr. William Stephens came for a visit. He was actually coming from Omaha to go to a wedding in the Quad Cities on Saturday and he wanted to see us. Unfortunately, Papa was on call on Friday so he only got to see him on Saturday morning. We had a great visit and he played lots of ball with me. He was also pretty impressed with our Cubs museum. I sure love to hear people talk about the Cubs and all our cool gear in the basement.

Saturday was filled with Bouncy House fun! Papa and Kate (Graham's mom) blew up my castle bounce house and filled it up with the balls. Graham and I then got to play in it a few different times over the weekend. I have a little trouble keeping my body upright in there, but it's still fun. I really have more fun throwing the balls out of the house at Mama for her to pick up and throw back. I just love to play ball!

Sunday was the North Liberty Blues and BBQ fest. We went at about 5:30 in the evening and were a little disappointed because we missed the petting zoo. To make up for my disappointment, we went across the road to the playground. I got to swing a lot and go down the two slides. That was really fun, but soon I wanted to "Eat!" so we went back to the festival to listen to the blues and eat a "Hot dog!" I did a lot of dancing while I ate and Papa even shared his lemonade with me. What a good time!


Monday was filled with water table fun! Papa put my water table and toys out on the deck and even put up the gate so that Alice couldn't drink out of it. I had such fun in that water table. I love to fill up my bucket and dump the water over my head and splash Alice. Of course, that requires Mama to make several trips to replace the water I dump out. But I think it's worth it. Papa also gave Alice a bath while I was playing with my water table. He even let me help "Wash!" Alice and he let me spray her to rinse her off.
She was a very good dog and only tried to run away once. After water table fun, Papa grilled chicken ("Bock, bock!") and Mama made some potatoes and corn on the cob. I ate my first corn on the cob and loved it!

I hope you all had as much fun as I did this weekend!

Hugs and loves.

Carter

No comments: