Monday, June 07, 2010

Novel and Enhanced...

Greetings and salutations,

If you think I look rough, you should see the other dude...
Well, well, well...Where have you all been? It has been many a fortnight since we last convened. In all honesty, I take the bulk of the responsibility for the relative dearth of communication recently. Let me tell you, raising a six week old is tiresome and time-consuming. But, by enlisting ol' Mama and Papa, I think that Addyson will be alright. It truly does take a village to raise a princess...and to fend off the neighborhood boys.

Re-introductions aside, I thought I would take a moment of your important time to acclimate you to the novel and enhanced (or "new and improved" for those who prefer the antiquated vernacular) blog format. If you are only reading this through your e-mail browser, I highly encourage you to click on the provided link to the actual website, it is a website to behold for sure. I shall accept all of the credit for the title; Papa just does not know that I was saying "Family Circus." I find the theme to reflect the times in this house. Excitement abounds constantly, there are always animal droppings on the premise it seems, and Mama and Papa use circus peanuts for doorstops. It is too perfect; all they need to do is start charging admission.

Perhaps most importantly, to share is to love, which was the concept at the epicenter of the alterations. To that end, I have elected to share my articulate (and wildly popular, I might add) blog with the entire family. Of course, my regular dissertations and monologues will remain a fixture. But now you all have one-stop shopping for the marvelous stylings of a host of contributors, all of which are listed to the left. Think of this as the Wal-Mart of blogs...We do not pay as well (which is a sad statement I suspect) and we lack snazzy vests, but we always greet you with a smile and, coincidentally, plan to take over the world.


I have learned that while Matthew Broderick may not always be right (see his performances in Godzilla, Inspector Gadget, or Deck the Halls for instance), Ferris Bueller most certainly was. "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." And thus, so you and I both do not miss some of the best parts of life, I will be certain to pull off to the side of life's superhighway regularly so we can view my life's snapshots together.


Carter

Someone in Heaven is always looking after me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new blog! Excited to read it :)