Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mama's Day







Today I've decided to hijack Carter's blog to write about my unbelievably tremendous Mother's Day. Chris, Carter, and Addy made it so special and I wanted to share it with our readers.

First of all, I got to sleep in a bit--which as many of you know, is quite wonderful with a 13 day old child. Then I got a wonderful "secret" bag from my mom that is brown and has pink and blue dots. It folds up small, but then when you unsnap it, it turns into a very large and practical bag as a mother of 2 young childre. I love it! Then I got my gifts from Chris and the kids. First I got a Willow Tree figure that displays a mother holding a toddler. It, of course, made me cry--I love those figures! And then, as if that wasn't enough, I got an envelope with package information for Flash Photography in the mall. Chris had made an appointment for us to have family portraits on Mother's Day! It was sooooooo sweet, unexpected, and special.

My mom and I promptly jumped in the car with Addy and went to go get outfits for myself and the kids. While we were shopping, Chris made us a fantastic brunch! I told him the good news was that the food was fantastic, but the bad news is that he's now officially in charge of brunch at our house. :-)

The photo session went really well considering that Carter is an unbelievably curious and active 21 month old and Addy was only 13 days old. Below are some of the photos.

Finally, Chris made us supper too! All in all, it was the most perfect mother's day I could have asked for. I hope that all of you mother's had a day that was as wonderful as mine. Most importantly, I thank my blessed family for making my day so wonderful.

Hugs,

Amy

No comments: