Thursday, November 11, 2010

Growing Like a Weed!


Our binker-less boy!


Smiles McGee!


Mama Alien and Ham

Papa Woody and Buzz


Carter with his backback


Addy pulling up to her knees

Yesterday Addy had her 6 month well baby check up. We are pleased to report that she is up to 17.5 pounds (65th percentile) and 27 inches (75th percentile). For comparison sake, at this age, Carter was 19.9 pounds and 28.15 inches.

Addy got 4 shots and an oral immunization along with her general well exam. She handled it like a champ. She cried for about 20 seconds and then quickly passed out for a nap. Carter also got his flu shot after Addy's appointment. He also cried for about 20 seconds and said "Mama, boo boo!" and that was it. They're both very tough!
As a treat for Carter being such a good boy during Addy's appointment and being tough for the shot, I told him he could eat whatever he wanted for lunch. He chose "meatballs!" so we went to Olive Garden. In adorable fashion, he ordered "wapancheez with meatballs" translated to macaroni and cheese with meatbalss. Sounded gross to me, but he loved every bite!

Last week, while Chris was in Boston, I decided that we were going to get rid of Carter's binker. I ripped his remaining pacifier in two and had Carter help me throw it away. I thought it was going swimmingly when he went to bed and laid for 20 minutes without a peep. Just when I was bragging about how lucky I was, que water works! He screamed for 2 hours and woke up several times during the night. However, just 5 days later, he is sleeping without a hitch and not even asking for it.
Addy is no longer army crawling at all and is crawling on all 4's everywhere at a rapid pace. I can run to the bathroom and have to search for her when I come out because she's traveled to a new room! She's pulling herself up to her knees, "standing" with all 4's straight, and has also moved all the way through her veggies and will progress through fruits next. She's babbling up a storm and I have honestly never met such a happy baby. She is constantly smiling, laughing, and giggling. We are so blessed.
Finally, we had a most fantasic Halloween. My mom was here to celebrate her birthday and helped us all go to Haunted Happenings in North Liberty on Friday evening. It is the annual Halloween celebration in the Rec Center filled with treats, a haunted house, and kids activities. It was really fun! Here's a few pictures of us in our Halloween costumes. For those of you who are not familiar, we were characters from Toy Story. Addy was Ham, Carter was Buzz, Chris was Woody and I was the alien. We had a blast and seeing Carter's face when he saw Chris and I all dressed up made the entire night!

No comments: