Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Baptisms, Thanksgiving, and More!

A few weeks ago, our beautiful babes were baptized at St. Thomas More in Coralville. It was a wonderful ceremony. I cried a few times. :-) It ended up being a very small congregation because of the Iowa/Ohio State game that was ongoing. We didn't care one bit. It was wonderful and both kids behaved beautifully! We had a wonderful evening afterward celebrating with all the attendant and the kids' godparents, Michelle and Bill Andrews. Thanksgiving was also a wonderful. We went back home to celebrate with my parents. We had a wonderful traditional meal and got to hang out with a lot of family. We also had the pleasure of meeting my cousin Grant's girlfriend Sarena. It was a great experience and we hope that we made Sarena feel welcome. On the Friday after Thanksgiving, Chris had the pleasure of moonlighting in Storm Lake. It was a relatively slow day for him (totally not expected) and went really well. My mom, brother, the kids, and I went Black Friday shopping in Sioux City. All I have to say about that is...never again. What a miserable way to spend a day! :-) At least I was with people I love. Over Thanksgiving break, Carter had the immense pleasure of riding in a tractor with my dad. It was a great experience for him and he frequently says "Gampa dive tator!" Translated to Grandpa drives a tractor! It's so cute. He had a great time and we are thankful that he got to ride in a tractor since he is in love with being a cowboy and farming at this time. Finally, to finish up Thanksgiving break, we went to visit my best friends Michelle and Bill (the kids' Godparents) in Dakota Dunes. We had a fantastic break filled with fun, shopping, food, and drinks. We love this family so much and have extra fun because Michelle and Bill have a son (Adam) who is 3 weeks older than Carter and a son (Aaron) who is 1 month and 1 day older than Addy. The kids had a blast and so did the adults!
I wanted to add a video of the boys giggling together, but it wouldn't load. It was hilarious. They were giggling back and forth forever! So funny...

Hope you all have had a great holiday so far. God bless... Amy

No comments: