Saturday, September 05, 2009

Go Hawks!

Well it's official. I have been to my very first Hawkeye game. And in a very tense finale, they pulled through and got the victory. What a thrill. For those of you who are not aware, they played UNI and blocked 2 field goals in the remaining 7 seconds to stay ahead and get the win 16-17. Whew! It was pretty nerve wracking.

Photo of Mama and I after the game picking up our stroller in the first aid station.

Now that I recounted the game for you, let me tell you about how Mama and I ended up at the game. Last night, while Mama was working, Papa called Mama very excited with some "big news"! He scored SEASON TICKETS to the Hawkeyes this year because of the sports medicine fellowship he's working on developing. Mama jumped on the offer and picked up the tickets on her way home from work. Papa was not able to attend the game today, so Mama and I saddled up and went to the game. It was a 11:00 kick-off and we left our house late so we arrived at the game after the 2nd quarter had started. Mama was a little stressed out by the time we got there because of being late, the pedestrian traffic, and being reprimanded for bringing a stroller into the stadium. However, her mood immediately changed when she saw exactly where the seats were. They were on the 30 yard line, Iowa side, 13th row! They were AMAZING! And we get these seats all year!

Here's a picture from the fantastic seats!

Even though the seats were great, I was a little restless today. We ended up leaving before half-time started because I kept kicking the lady in front of me in my restlessness. Mama thought that it was okay, though, because at least we got to see some of the game and we missed all the horrific traffic.

Here's a picture of Mama and I in our seats.

Well, I've got to head to bed. I know it's early, but there was so much activity today, I missed my afternoon nap.

Love to everyone!

Carter

P.S. Happy birthday to Papa tomorrow! Love you, pops! :-)

No comments: