Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bifidus Regularis...

Greetings and salutations,

On the eve of one of one of the greatest dining experiences of the year (i.e. Thanksgiving), I thought I would share a bit of delight in my life. And what better medium than my world-renowned, or at least household-renowned, blog.

Now, please allow me to set the stage. Mama and Papa have been working diligently to help me to formulate entities known as "words." As you all might recognize, I seem fairly well adept at structuring these "words" in a print format. These grammatical concoctions essentially flow from my fingertips as eloquently as Dickens or Melville. Wait, probably more like Matt Christopher (But who does not love Return of the Home Run Kid or Touchdown for Tommy?). Regardless, words emanate from my fingertips far better to date than then seem to roll off my lips. Clearly I comprehend words but have yet to utter them formally...until the evening of November 22nd, 2009 that is.

Those of you accustomed to my antics realize that I love a firm, well-stated challenge. On the aforementioned hallowed evening, one was presented to me. Mama, in the midst of preparing a nighttime snack for me, presented an interesting intellectual dilemma. She, with those loving half hazel, half yellow, half green eyes peered at me and said, "Carter, do you want milk or yogurt?"

I was instantly floored, not literally but fairly close. The lactose possibilities inherent in that question were striking. Smooth, hearty goodness sent from the diary gods to quench thirst or subtle, creamy textures with hints of fruity bliss in every delectable morsel? Oh, decisions! After pondering the inquiry for what seemed like hours but was assuredly seconds, I looked at Mama, pointed toward the heavens (from which both entities are sure to have originated), and replied, "Gogurt!"

Yes, you heard it here first! The initial voyage into the world of phonics uttered by one Carter Sherman was "gogurt." Mama was excited beyond words herself (A little too ironic, and yes I really do think.). This prompted a plethora of hugs and loves and a stat page to Papa and work to share the delightful news. Needless to say, the fridge was stocked with "gogurt" on the very next day. I guess it is true what they say, hooked on yogurt worked for me!Time is short, and I must run now as their are many preparations that must be addressed in advance of the upcoming holiday. Perhaps most importantly, I am preparing for my next proclamation. I think I shall go with, "Bifidus regularis". Yet another opportunity for sponsorship...I do commercials!

Until then, I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving!


Carter

Someone in heaven is always looking after me...

No comments: