Sunday, November 01, 2009

Big Boy, Halloween, and more!

First and foremost, I must extend all my beloved followers a sincere apology. I know it has been a very long time since I have delighted you in the recent tales from my Crib, but by golly, I've been one busy boy! Since the last time we talked, I've been to two weddings, to Chicago, to Ankeny, to the doctor with Mama, to the doctor myself, and on a couple of fantastic Halloween excursions. Allow me to fill you in...

In the last week in September, we went to weddings on consecutive days for friends of Mama and Papa's. It consisted of a lot of riding in the car, good food, pretty clothes, kissing, and dancing. The happy couples (Callie and Dean Jensen and Calison and Andy Weiss) looked fantastic in their attire and provided a very nice evening for all of us. I of course got several looks, oohs, and ahhhs over my sleek boyish figure and designer clothes but I must admit that Grandma Anderson and Mama do the majority of my clothes shopping so I can't take much credit. Although, I must say that I do greatly appreciate all the nice duds.

This is a picture of Mama, me, our good friend Ben (a groomsmen in the Weiss wedding) and Papa.

Our next adventures took us on two trips to our beloved Wrigley Field in less that 2 weeks! Of course, I thought those trips were great. I love my Cubs and was glad that I could be there to watch the 2009 season finale. Unfortunately, they lost, but as most of us Cubs fans believe "There's always next year!" We'll see how they do. I have great hopes with the recent change of ownership to the Omaha based Ricketts clan. Good luck in the off-season Cubbies and, please don't break my heart next year!

This is a picture of Mama, Papa, and I outside the Bud Light Bleachers outside of our beloved Wrigley Field after our night game.


The next trip that I took was one with just Mama. We went to Ankeny to see Uncle Tyler and Laura's house in Ankeny. We also went to help them with wedding invitations as they recently got engaged and are getting married on New Year's Eve! I spent the day tormenting their cat Apollo and playing in their new house. It was a short visit at Mama is still feeling pretty sick because of the new baby and her worst time is in the afternoon/evening. I was okay leaving, though, because I was EXHAUSTED! All the playing really took it out of me.

So this picture has nothing to do with our Ankeny trip. Mama didn't get any pictures that day. However, this is a more recent picture of me and Alice. She's up to 90 pounds!

The next smaller trip that I took was with Mama and Papa to one of her appointments at the hospital. My new brother and sister makes her have to go to the hospital a lot for doctors appointments and although, I don't typically have to tag along (I go to daycare to play with my friends), Mama and Papa thought this trip was very important for me to attend because we saw the first pictures of my new brother or sister! He was she was just like me and VERY active. The ultrasonographer had a hard time getting the right pictures and measurements she needed because the little baby was jumping, dancing, and boogying in Mama's tummy. It was really neat to see my new brother or sister on the television screen. I just can't wait for him or her to come out and play with me!

Here's the new brother or sister!

About a week later, I ended up going to the doctor for my own visit with Papa. I was really glad that Papa could take me. We had a really good time and even though I missed Mama, I know that she was at an important work retreat. I received four shots at the doctor, including the seasonal flu shot, and even though it hurt I just cried for a few seconds and then stopped as soon as Papa gave me a big hug. Aside from the shots, I also got my weight and height checked. I am a BIG boy! I weighed in at 28 pounds 10.6 oz and was 32.3 in tall! I am in the 90th percentile for weight and 80th percentile for height--an all around big guy. That fact takes me to my next excursion.

Big boy in a super cute outfit!

On the day before Halloween, Mama and Papa and I met our next door neighbors Kate, Tim, and Graham at the North Liberty Rec center for a fun filled evening full of Halloween excitement! There was pictures, a maze, tons of fun activities, and lots of candy and goodies given out. This was not only a super fun night for me, but very important to Mama as she was going to miss Halloween trick or treating with me because of work. Anyway, back to the "big guy" info, the Rec center had many pool noodles strung from the ceiling for us kiddos to run through. Right away when I started running through them, a kid bigger than me ran smack dab into me. However, because of my utter strength, I did not fall down, get hurt, cry, or do anything other than keep on running. Our neighbor Tim and Daddy thought it was really funny that I plowed over a kid bigger than me, but what can I say...I'm just a tough dude.

Hugging one of the noddles in my chicken costume.

Finally, last night was Halloween. Papa got me all dressed and ready in my costume, video taped me for Mama and then took me on a six block excursion trick or treating for candy. And did I hit the motherload! Not only that, I got to eat my first candy last night too! Papa thought it was important for me to get some candy on Halloween since I probably won't get much more until next Halloween. Mama thought it was maybe a little unnecessary, but it sure made my night. Thanks for rooting for my sweet tooth, Papa!

Here's me being all cute in my chicken costume. I didn't mind wearing it one little bit...even the hood. I was great as long as Papa kept clucking like a chicken for me.

Well, I hope that you enjoyed all my stories of my recent excursions. I will try not to let it be so long before I compose another fun-filled blog about my daily comings and goings. However, I have said that a lot and have not been very faithful to my ever faithful readers. I apologize and I hope that you hear from me soon.

Hugs and loves...

Carter

No comments: