Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mama's Day...


Greetings and salutations,

Today's discourse, to borrow a colloquialism, is dedicated to the most super fantastic woman in the entire galaxy. To be honest, the balloting this year was not even close. Consequently, on a day when we all celebrate the mother in our respective lives (And let us face biological facts for a moment, we all have one.), I would like to share a bit about my own mother, the aforementioned super fantastic woman. I love my Mama, and I am so secure in my rudimentary manhood that I am willing to broadcast such a sentiment to the vast demographic that regularly reads my postings. After all my Mama has done for me it seems like the very least that I can do for her.

Papa was telling me yesterday about something that Mama told him. While stated in privacy, I do not think that he would have qualms with me relaying the moral of his tale. In the middle of putting the final touches on my Mother's Day gift, Papa informed me that every time Mama thinks of how much she loves me it almost causes her to cry. Often she remarks that she loves me more and more every single day. Those sentiments are hard for me to contest; the verifying facts are insurmountable.

How about more than thirty hours of labor with three failed epidurals culminating in a crash Cesarean section always followed with the "I would do it again in a heartbeat"? How about all those long nights when I was less than accommodating to a normal wake-sleep cycle? How about the fact that Papa, quite frankly, is not here as much as all of us would like, meaning the tasks Mama must perform on a daily basis are quite voluminous? How about the fact that, on more than one occasion, I have re-gifted a meal on Mama and she never once has batted an eye? How about...Aww, truth be told this list could go on ad infinitum. In the end, all signs point to unadulterated, unabashed, pure love.

And so, with the power of the spacious Internet behind me, I would like to tell Mama "Thank you." While it is difficult for me to convey at times, please know that I appreciate all that you have done for me to date and all that you will do for me in the days, months, and years to come. Just know that every time I gaze at you with my beautiful blue eyes and that toothy grin I recognize your love and send it back to you in full. I love you, Mama; you truly are the best.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. You are all appreciated.


Carter

Someone in heaven is always looking after me...

1 comment:

Amy said...

I was totally laughing out loud at the "re-gifting a meal" part of this post! I hope you had a great Mother's Day, Amy. You're a rock star in my book, too!