Saturday, May 02, 2009

Entourage...


Greetings and Salutations,

Please cease with the inflammatory reply e-mails that are already being drafted after merely viewing the photograph accompanying today's blog. I can see them now, "Carter, why is there a Christmas photograph on your well-articulated and aesthetically pleasing blog website?" As with all of my occasionally tangential musings, there is a reason for my selection. Today's carefully considered picture is indicative of my medical entourage. As I have come to realize, I am extremely blessed. Not only do I have my health for which to be thankful but I also have my health care for which to be grateful. Please allow me to explain.

Access to health care is one of the most hotly contested topics in contemporary politics. Many of our compatriots struggle to secure the medical attention that they desperately need. I, on the other hand, do not have such an issue. Truthfully, I had taken this fact for granted until earlier this week. Myself and a cleverly concocted viral entity crossed paths, leaving me on the short end of the stick, so to speak. After developing a shaking fever and some rather unappealing emesis, I was not in good spirits. Even the traditional fare of beef and gravy with rice no longer sounded appealing (particularly after the aforementioned emesis). And then my own personal health care entourage arrived on the scene.

Like an angel, Mama comforted me exquisitely. Despite the fact that I insisted on vomiting on her multiple times, she hugged me and cared for me in spectacular fashion. It seems to me that a mother who is a nurse is an amazing combination. Papa...Well, Papa assessed the situation and prescribed the appropriate medications. The initial round of oral Tylenol was abruptly rejected by my gastrointestinal tract. That left only one route of entry, one that I only thought served as an exit point. Needless to say, I was caught off guard by that rather unsavory introduction. But as is occasionally the case, Papa diagnosed the situation correctly and the administration of said suppository made me feel remarkably better. In the span of twelve brief hours or so I was back to my chipper self, thanks in large part to my fine personal medical team.

In retrospect, and I guess prospectively as well, it seems that I have around the clock, 24/7 medical coverage. I find it difficult to believe that many youngsters are as blessed as I am to have such marvelous health benefits. Consequently, as I have stated before, if you have the means I highly recommend that you secure a health care pair.


Carter

Someone in heaven is always looking after me...

No comments: