Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Friends...


Greetings and salutations,

Please keep in mind that I have only been on this beautiful ball of mud for roughly seven and one half months. However, even with only that small moniker of experience at my disposal, I think that one of the greatest things in the world are friends. And no, I am not referring to that juvenile television program with that lady from Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. By the way, she was much funnier in that movie than her marginally successful syndicated television program.

Tangents aside, surely each of you must have a bevy of folks that you can call upon in times of need, someone to lean upon if needed. A person that even, or perhaps more adequately especially, when the chips are down is always there to cover your anti (I still marvel at my ability to employ the pun; how about that poker reference!). Often times this individual is merely present to enjoy a hardy conversation over a cup of Similac (I prefer mine straight up with a fast-flow nipple.).

Friends are also great because they provide the opportunity for play dates, strictly platonic of course. Mama insists that these social gatherings at the local mall are really for the children. Truth be told, I think that Mama is behaving like those gals in the Tostitos chips commercial. Assuredly you recall the fine bit of cinematography to which I refer. The ladies involved are marveling at how much fun their kids are having, resting peacefully in their bouncy chairs. Meanwhile, the women are indulging in a bag of tortilla chips and dip, gossiping away. In any event, this is much like my play dates. I surmise that Mama enjoys the company of her friends as much as I do, which makes these excursions so rewarding.

Regardless, these opportunities have enabled me to learn about something that everyone needs at times and something that everyone should be to many...a friend.

Carter

Someone in heaven is always looking after me...

No comments: