Monday, March 23, 2009

Sing Along...

Greetings and salutations,

While this may not come as a marked surprise to those who follow my postings, Papa and I tend to have similar tastes in music. It seems that is deemed pleasing to his auditory centers and cranial nerve eight are equally delightful to myself. We find particular enjoyment in the musical stylings offered by XM Radio's 80s on 8 radio station. Critics often find songs from this period frivolous and lacking substance, with synthesized sounds produced by the infamous keytair (A virtually mythical combination of the guitar and keyboard. Picture a minotaur or a centaur in a musical setting.). However, we find the sounds whimsical and the lyrics intriguing.

Recently, while on a delightful trek through our local neighborhood enjoying the splendor of mid-March in Iowa, Papa and I heard a song that I decided would be better if I provided my own music rendition. Now, I am not one who regularly partakes in the fad that is known as karaoke. I insist that this is on principle, others point to my somewhat limited vocabulary. Regardless, this was one instance in which the song and my ever-expanding dialect met in blissful harmony

Thanks in large part to my speech coach, Mama, I am now able to articulate several new dulcet tones. Thus, when the Police's De Do Do Do De Da Da Da emanated through Papa's Infinity speakers, I could hardly contain myself. Sure, some of the finer nuances of the song escaped my linguistic ability. But, if you check out the link provided below, you can easily see that I nailed almost 25% of the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SojAZ0X1e0

Before I sign off for today, I should make a couple of additional observations. First, when Papa heard me sing along with the Police (One of Uncle Tyler's favorite bands from his treks to high school with Papa...Just ask him about it!), he thought I should see the music video as well. It seems that I have some of their rudimentary dance moves choreographed well. Second, and this is where I part company with the Police, I refuse to style my hair in such a fashion. This is primarily due to the abhorrent appearance of said quaffs. But additionally, I really am going to need more hair in order for any styling to be feasible.


Carter

Someone in heaven is always looking after me...

No comments: