Friday, March 27, 2009

Walk This Way!

Greetings and salutations,

It seems that the XM radio station 80s on 8 will permeate yet another journey on which we are about to embark. My recent activities around the homestead beg for the comparison, and I simply hate to disappoint my modest readership.

Aerosmith is a legend of rock and roll. How else would someone classify a band that has its own version of "Guitar Hero"? And one day after lead singer Steven Tyler's 61st birthday, what is a more fitting tribute than to be immortalized in my blog? Okay, so it may not be a marvelous gift, but it is better than cleaning up after my puppy, Alice, in the kitchen...yet again. In any event, the work of this super band has spanned the 70s, 80s, 90s, and today (as our trained disc jockeys like to phrase it). With a career displaying equal parts longevity and botox injections (Have you seen Steven Tyler's face? Papa informed me that no one should have a face that smooth in their 60s let alone lips so voluptuous.), they have scored more than their fair share of number one hits. Amongst those chart toppers is a track entitled "Walk This Way." Music connoisseurs will recall that this song actually only peaked at number ten on the Billboard charts in 1977. However, after an epic and historic collaboration with Run-D.M.C., the remix of this song climaxed at number one in 1986. While attributed to Run-D.M.C. primarily, this track was identified as the ninth best song of the 1980s by VH-1 (With that said, Hall and Oates checked in at number six with "I Can't Go For That (No Can D0)", so the legitimacy of this list could be called into question.).

In this instance, the particular lyrics are less germane to today's blog than the title of the song itself (And by the way, if one peruses the nuances of said musical stylings, the lyrics may actually be deemed inappropriate for an eight month old, or an eight year old, or maybe even an eighteen year old.). It seems that my strength and conditioning coach (otherwise known as Mama) has me on a great regimen. The utilization of the Vtech Sit to Stand Learning Walker has been essential(Admittedly a shameless plug; however, I have no financial disclosures to make...yet. Vtech, if you are out there and listening, I could be the next E*trade baby. All negotiations are handled by my agent, Papa. Contact him at your leisure.). Thanks to this marvelous contraption, my dexterity, balance, and coordination are improving at a frightening pace. In fact, a mere matter of days ago I was seen gallivanting around the living room, walker in front of me and Mama at the ready. Sure, I may not quite be ready from prime time yet, but just you wait. Before long I will be ambulating without assistance, on the prowl chasing after Alice, so long as that is the only girl I chase for now Papa tells me. This new found ability has Papa thrilled. He even gave me a little incentive; he says that just as soon as I can walk he will let me take out the garbage! On second thought, maybe I will sit back down again.


Carter

Someone in heaven is always looking after me...

No comments: